Thursday, April 19, 2012




     Okay this post is somewhat special because for the first time I've tried my hand at poetry. The attempt may be amateurish but nevertheless I hope its not awful. Regarding the underlying meaning, I think its pretty straightforward.


                                             Musings



With great swiftness i ran,from pillar to post
The Darkness, it followed me
It glowered at me, a dark ghost
Felt a fear so great that it benumbed me


I ran till my legs became weary
And my limbs, woefully weak
The silence , ever so eerie
That i dare not even speak


"What do you want?" I cried
"I want you" It cackled, with glee
To be brave, I tried
But the shadow, it made me flee


I prayed for the light
To deliver me from this plight
Alas, it was nowhere in sight
But nor was I going down without a fight


I earnestly yearned for tranquil and peace
Through the far depths of mind did i navigate
Lo! It struck me that i held the keys
The worry and anxiety soon began to abate


Determined, I closed my eyes with hope renewed
Pushing the darkness out from my mind
Lo! From darkness to light my mind segued
Fresh life and vigor I did find


Prepared i was to face the heat
I felt the light emanate
The darkness beat a hasty retreat
And I became the master of my fate.

3 comments:

  1. Oh,Master of fate
    Thy poem is from heart!
    I call you Sriki the great
    For this is an awesome start..

    P.S: Pardon me if there are any glitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my heart i Thank thee,
    For the appreciation you bestow upon me
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lo! It struck me that i held the keys" I adore this line :))

    ReplyDelete